Visitors to our facility – If you are in close contact with someone who has been asked to self-isolate, we would ask you to call and reschedule your appointment. If you are presenting with any symptoms of any type of illness at our facilities, we will ask you to go home and manage your symptoms. If you are not feeling well, please use the self-assessment tool from Alberta Health Services: COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool.
For more details on the measures we have taken in response to COVID-19 please read the latest communication below;
Latest Communication – September 17, 2021
In response to the new COVID-19 measures announced by the Alberta Government, Western Canada Fire & First Aid Inc. will adjust its operating protocols to adapt in two phases:
Phase 1 – September 20 -26, 2021 – Western Canada Fire & First Aid Inc. will operate based on the most recent capacity restrictions and operating guidelines outlined by the Alberta Government on alberta.ca. Masking and physical distancing will remain in place.
Phase 2 – September 27, 2021 onward – Western Canada Fire & First Aid Inc. will participate in the the Restriction Exemption Program and students MUST provide ONE of the following to access training in our facilities:
• proof of vaccination
– partial vaccination (one dose) accepted September 20 to October 25 if received 2 weeks before time of service
– full vaccination (two doses) required after October 25
• proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed)
• documentation of a medical exemption for vaccination
Students who fail to provide one of the options above will not be permitted entry to our facilities.
WCFF’s current COVID policies included:
- Mask Requirements– Masks must continue to be worn by staff and students while they remain inside the building.
- Cleaning Requirements – We will continue to clean our common touch surface areas every morning and afternoon. Classrooms and computer labs are disinfected after each class.
- Hand Sanitizer – is encouraged and wall stations will remain in place around the facilities.
- Indoor Gatherings – Class sizes have been adjusted, with physical distancing in place.
- First Aid Practicals – Masks and face shields will be worn while completing the practical skills.
- Coffee Station– will remain unavailable to students.
- Hazard Assessments – while our COVID policies remain in place, we will continue to follow our hazard assessments for operating during a pandemic.
For students who arrive without a mask, we can provide masks for a fee. For those not comfortable wearing a mask, we have other training options available. Students can book into our online/ blended training courses or reschedule for a future date free of charge once policies have changed. All students are still required to wear a mask while in our facilities.
We will continue to re-evaluate our policies as our environment and information changes.
To learn more about COVID-19 try these ONLINE courses:
• COVID-19 Masks, Coverings and Respirators
• COVID-19 Safety
• Coronavirus: Guarding Against COVID-19
• COVID-19 Prevention for Employers: How to Keep a Safe Workplace
• Cleaning & Disinfecting Classrooms for COVID-19
• Returning to Work During the Coronavirus Pandemic… for Employees