This course is a theory ONLY course and is available in a ONLINE format. For the ONLINE format select:
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
The TDG course provides participants with the knowledge to understand the regulations and proper procedures for packaging, handling and transporting dangerous goods.
Who Should Attend?
All persons involved in the packaging, the offering for transport and the actual transporting of dangerous goods. This includes Shippers, Receivers and Carriers.
The objective of this course is to train personnel in order that they meet the requirements of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Introduction: Regulations, Certification, Fines & Enforcement
- Classifications of Dangerous Goods, their Nature & Characteristics
- Packaging & Labeling of Dangerous Goods
- Safety Markings
- Dangerous Occurrences Reporting (applying proper methods)
- How to activate Emergency Response Plans for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods vs. WHMIS
- Initial Emergency Response.
- Permits for Equivalent Level of Safety