The Fire Extinguisher course is a 4-hour course and is intended to provide people with information on fire prevention, evacuation and suppression. Students will learn about fire sciences, what can be done to put the fire out, different extinguisher characteristics and the type and amount of fire a particular extinguisher is designed to put out. Finally we tie all the theory into a practice by allowing the student to extinguish a controlled (live) fire with an extinguisher.
Who Should Attend?
All persons who may have a fire extinguisher in their environment.
This course incorporates a classroom theory session followed by a practical exercise. A course outline is as follows:
- Understanding Emergency Plans
- Elements of a Fire / Fire Triangle & Fire Tetrahedron
- Characteristics of Fuels
- Fire Prevention / Isolating Fuels & Ignition Sources
- Classification of Fires
- Extinguisher Characteristics
- Extinguisher Pictographs
- Extinguisher Ratings
- Extinguisher Agents
- Extinguisher Types & Extinguisher Parts
- Fighting a Fire / Pass Technique & Fire Approach
- Short Quiz
- Live Fire Exercise
Course Duration: Approximately 4 hours
To view all upcoming courses and register online, please click here.