For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.

Not finding what you want? Reach out directly by calling us at 780-469-4887 or email us at info@wcff.ca.

Q: What is your new address?

We have moved to our NEW LOCATION at 4120 101 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T6E 0A5. Select LOCATION for more details and google maps.

Q: What is the difference between Western Canada Fire & First Aid’s powered mobile equipment skilled operator certification and new operator training courses?

The “Skilled Operator Certification” courses are designed for skilled operators with over 100 hours experience on the powered mobile equipment. Operators will have their practical skills evaluated while operating a specific type of lift truck.  Upon successfully completing the written and practical evaluation the participant will receive a certification valid for 3 years.  The “New Operator Training” courses are designed for new operators who require additional practical time in order to achieve certification.  Class sizes are kept small in order to provide new operators with as much practical time possible on several types of lift trucks.

Q: Do you teach the Red Cross/St. Johns Ambulance First Aid Course?

No we teach a First Aid course that we developed. Successful candidates will receive a certificate recognized by Alberta Occupational Health and Safety that is valid for 3 years (Note: Western Canada Fire & First Aid Inc. appears on page 7 of the List of Approved Courses).

Q: Do you offer any train the trainer courses?

YES we do! We have train the trainer (T3) courses available for our powered mobile equipment courses, fall protection, confined space, fire safety & extinguisher and more.  We are looking for companies/organizations that have experienced subject matter experts to help facilitate our safety courses.  Please contact our sister company, Saga Universal Training Corp for for more information at 780-612-5159 or info@sagatraining.ca.

Q: Does Western Canada Fire & First Aid have any offices outside of Edmonton?

No, however  there are Saga Training Partners all over the province of Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.

Q: Do your First Aid courses include AED training? (Automated External Defibrillator)

Yes all of our First Aid courses include AED training.  We have several models available and we can modify our instruction to orient students to whatever brand of AED that our clients have.

Q: Do I need to take Intermediate (Standard) or Basic (Emergency) First Aid?

This is dependent upon your employer’s or work site requirements.  If you can’t get clarity from your employer or if you are looking for employment we recommend that you take the 2 day Intermediate First Aid course to ensure that you are not limited in any way.

Q: Do I qualify to take the Intermediate First Aid Recertification course?

If you have an unexpired Intermediate or Standard First Aid certificate you can take the one day Recertification course, you must present your current first aid certificate to our registrars and the instructor.

Q: Can I take your Intermediate First Aid Recertification course if I received my current certification from another organization?

Yes, if your current certification came from an organization that is listed on the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety  then you can take our Recertification course.

Q: How long are your certificates valid?

All of our certificates are valid for 3 years.

Q: Is a driver’s license required to take a Powered Mobile Equipment course?

We do not require students to have a driver’s license.  Prospective students should be aware that companies can make it a policy that anyone operating their equipment or equipment on their site must have a driver’s license.

Q: What are the footwear requirements for powered mobile equipment courses?

Closed toe shoes must be worn. Steel toe boots are recommended but not required.