The WHMIS course is a 4-hour, instructor-led, course and provides participants with a working knowledge of the main components of the new WHMIS. This course will outline the recent changes to WHMIS and will compare WHMIS 1998 to the new WHMIS 2015. It will include an understanding of the information required to be on labels and material safety data sheets (now called product Safety Data Sheets or SDSs) of all hazardous products found at the work site. Also discussed will be the legal responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers with respect of legislation.
This course has been updated to align with the Globally Harmonized System for Classifying and Labelling Chemicals (GHS).
For a list of the changes please visit:
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who deals with hazardous materials will benefit from this program.
- Middle Management
- Senior Executives
- First Line Supervisors
- Laws to protect the worker
- Rights and Responsibilities for the worker, employer, and supplier
- WHMIS 2015 Pictograms
- WHMIS 1998 Pictograms
- Supplier Labels
- Other types of Hazard Identification
- WHMIS 2015 Workplace Labels
- WHMIS 1998 Workplace Labels
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and how they compare to WHMIS 1998 MSDSs
- The 16 sections of the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Understanding Hazards
- Controlling Hazards
- Emergency Actions and First Aid
- Trade Secrets
- Conclusion – Workers Role
Course Duration: Approximately 4 hours
This course is now held at our First Aid Training Centre (FATC) located at: Western Canada Fire & First Aid (FATC)
Suite 156 Millbourne Market Mall,
3697 Mill Woods Rd NW,
To view all upcoming courses and register online, please click here.