The TDG course is a 4-hour, instructor-led, course and provides participants with the knowledge to understand the regulations and proper procedures for packaging, handling and transporting dangerous goods.
Who Should Attend?
All persons involved in the packaging, the offering for transport and the actual transporting of dangerous goods. This includes Shippers, Receivers and Carriers.
The objective of this course is to train personnel in order that they meet the requirements of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Introduction: Regulations, Certification, Fines & Enforcement
- Classifications of Dangerous Goods, their Nature & Characteristics
- Packaging & Labeling of Dangerous Goods
- Safety Markings
- Dangerous Occurrences Reporting (applying proper methods)
- How to activate Emergency Response Plans for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods vs. WHMIS
- Initial Emergency Response.
- Permits for Equivalent Level of Safety
This course is now held at our First Aid Training Centre (FATC) located at:
Suite 156 Millbourne Market Mall,
3697 Mill Woods Rd NW,
T6K 3L6in Millbourne Mall.