Why Should You Attend H2S Alive ® ?
H2S Alive ® is a course created and certified by ENFORM. This course may be required certification for permission to enter an industrial site. The H2S Alive® course may be required by employers in the oil and gas industry or other industries where H2S may be encountered. H2S Alive® certificates expire after 3 Years. Students must be 16 years of age.
H2S Alive® is a 8-hour course designed to improve awareness of the hazards of working in an H2S environment.
The H2S Alive ® course is designed for:
- All workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide H2S.
- H2S Properties, Health Hazards, and Locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control – Including H2S case studies
- Respiratory Protective Equipment – Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Detection of H2S – Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies
Certificate of Responsibility and Physical Fitness:
Participation in the training required to pass H2S Alive may require physical activity and could involve risks incidental to the function of such training. For example, a student may be required to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, demonstrate a variety of lifts drags and carries or simulate being a patient. Any relevant existing and/or previous medical conditions, or those that may arise as a result of the training, must be brought to the instructor’s attention before the commencement of the program. By registering and signing our waiver, the attendee and/or their sponsor assume all such risks and responsibility for participation in the programs.
Course Duration: Approximately 8 hours