The Detection Control Hazardous Materials course is a 4-hour course and is designed to provide the student with the background knowledge regarding the detection and control of hazardous materials. Students will receive a certificate that is valid for 3 years.
Who Should Attend?
Persons who presently work or plan to work in an area were hazardous materials may be present.
- Introduction to hazardous materials:
- States of Matter, Characteristics of materials, Process of combustion, Combustion range, MSDS’s
- Likely locations of hazardous materials
- Detection of Hazardous Materials
- Measuring vapor in air, Sampling devices (personal, portable and fixed), Function test, Calibration, Hazard Assessment, Sampling strategies, Operational range of combustible gas monitors, Correction Factors
- Control methods for hazardous vapors:
- Engineering controls, Administrative controls, PPE
- Relevant legislation
Certicate of Responsability and Physical Fitness
Course participation can be physically demanding and may involve risks incidental to the function of such training. By registration and signing our waiver, the attendee and/or their sponsor assume all such risk and responsibility for participation in the programs and have the physical ability to participate. Any existing and/or previous medical problems, or those that may arise as a result of physical activity, must be brought to the instructor’s attention before the commencement of the program. This course may require the student to wear breathing apparatus. Wearing self-contained breathing apparatus can be physically demanding. If you have any underlying medical conditions, please let your instructor know as soon as possible if there might be any complications in wearing S.C.B.A. and participating in the course.